Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunday Sewing Project

Because its so cold outside (and due to all these repeat snowstorms), I have had more time to sew on the weekends. I love how relaxing it is to sit down with a project and think it through. Two weekends ago I made a slipcover. This past weekend I took it easy on the sewing and made two zebra pillows. Before packing the sewing machine up for the weekend though, I threw together some ruffles for a tank I bought at Target.

The results were not exactly what I expected...



I love the front, but the ruffles are very thick and scoop too low on the back so I can't wear it with any cardigans. Unless ofcourse, I choose to look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I think I"ll pass though.

This will have to wait until its truely spring and I can wear it without cardigans. In the meantime, I'm searching for tanks with higher backs so I can do the ruffle look right now!




No comments: