Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Catching up and What I Love Wednesday

Hello readers!  Are there any of you still out there?  I have not abandoned the blog, life has just been busy these days.  


First, let me thank Leila at In The Tweeds for so kindly awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award!  What an honor!  I have been blogging for a few years and this is my first award.  Thank you thank you thank you! 


My google reader told me that I had 98 unread blog posts this evening.  I left for work this morning and I came home to 98 missed blogs.  My goodness!  You all sure are busy writing lots of good stuff while I'm at work!  Can I share a little secret, while on the subject of google reader?  I'm totally guilty of reading my design blogs on my laptop in the evening, then getting in my jammies and reading the remainder of the unread design blogs on google reader on my iphone.  Its perfect bedtime reading for sweet dreams of beautiful homes.


My mom called last night to talk, and before we finished our conversation she told me that I haven't been updating my blog enough.  She is right (mothers are always right).  Things have been a little craaaaaazy around here recently and the blog took the backseat.  I had a pretty bad ice dam (or should it be... damn) in the tv room.  The maintenance staff (we're renters), didn't come take care of it for 2 days after I contacted them... Thats a long time when 4 ft of snow and ice is melting into your home!  The carpet and walls in the room were damaged by the water leaking into my walls.  My slipcover and window treatments were also damaged, but hopefully the dry cleaners can get the stains out.  All the furniture had to be moved out into the living room/dining area and our apartment is torn up.  Lets just say that I'm a bit frazzled at the moment.  The silver lining... my walls have to be repainted in that room.   I chose a darker shade of blue/green/grey called Bayou from Martha Stewart's line for Home Depot.  The test sample looks great and I'm eager to see it go up on all 4 walls!  Oh, and the car is having some problems... and my laptop is running slow and making me a little (a lot) nervous.  But I'm not even going there tonight!


{Bayou is the bottom paint color}




Enough talk about the things that are a bummer - instead I'm trying something new... I'm joining in on What I Love Wednesday hosted by Jamie at This Kind of Love.  In an effort to remain positive, here's my addition to What I Love Wednesday.



Row 1: Lands End Canvas Horn Bracelet - a simple and unique addition to any springtime outfit, Russell & Hazel Quips+Queries Cards - perfect for taking notes while on the phone,  Cake Vintage Kitchen Papers - my favorite are the coasters, 6" rounds, and cheese papers
Row 2: The most fragrant hyacinths from my local florist, Ann Mashburn's wall to wall sisal - love the dressing room door handles too, Dash and Albert's Yacht Stripe rug in Ocean
Row 3: J.Crew Vintage Jammies - ordered a pair for my birthday, West Elm Metal Parsons Desk - love the edge details, House & Home magazine - just recently subscribed and loving it!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray on the award and hurray for your mom! :) Boo on ice - lots of folks out here have had roof leakage etc. I am sorry about that happening to you, but I love the color you choose. Will you please post a photo when it is all painted? I love getting ideas from you!