Blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

New Art


Here are two paintings I completed recently. I'm really happy with the way they turned out, especially the flowers! Neither took too long to do (maybe an hour each) and I love the sketchy and imperfect quality of the brush strokes. Hopefully my painting skills will improve as I continue, but if nothing else, its fun to do something that brings a carefree feeling of joy to my heart. :)

My next goal is to paint a series of three canvases with scenes from my parent's town on them. I envision them being unique with cheerful colors. I'd love the setting of one to be at the beach, another in the gardens between the small shops in town, and the third to be of the bridge.

We'll see when that happens - but hopefully I can get started on them very soon! I'll be sure to keep you posted. Have a great weekend!

No comments: