Blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

What I'm Loving - Right NOW

I've been cooking a lot recently. Except for last night, nearly every meal this week I've made from scratch. Woohoo! Right now one of my favorite cookbooks is The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. I got this for my birthday a few months ago and I have just started using it. This week I made Ina's granola recipe and today, I just finished baking almond shortbread cookies. Both are delicious!

I was uncertain about the granola, since I tend to enjoy very sweet treats and this recipe only called for a little honey, but let me tell you... DELICIOUS! I am completely impressed and I have already consumed half the jar of granola. The shortbread cookies are a delicious and very buttery (Paula Deen would love these!). I wish I had cut mine smaller, because they are very rich.

Go pick up a cookbook and try a new recipe or two! You'd be surprised what delicious treats are out there! Enjoy!

No comments: