Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Selling Art


So, I'm thinking about selling a few different paintings and small pieces of art I've made recently. The main reason is that I just don't have space for them, and though I love them, they are cluttering my life! Does anyone know about selling on Etsy? I've noticed that there are many people who sell their art using that website, but I wonder if its oversaturated with stuff. Will I actually ever sell my things there, or is it better just to sell things word of mouth or at local stores.

My hairdresser has ample room to display art, and has offered to put mine up in the past. I've considered putting it up there for sale. I always wonder though, is this the right "environment" for my work? I know that I appreciate it, and other design students value it, but I wonder if the everyday person would understand the design as I originally had. Hmm... maybe its just me having separation anxiety with my stuff (its been known to happen).

Anyways, I'll post more photos shortly. If you're interested in them, leave a comment with your email and I'll get back to you. Thanks!

- L.Alden

No comments: