Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Deck the Halls

Please turn on your favorite Christmas songs for the duration of this post and get ready for some holiday craftiness...

Not to skip past Fall, but here's a little project for you crafty friends, perfect for the upcoming holiday season. I saw this kit in the KnitPicks catalog that randomly came to my house a few weeks ago. I think these would make adorable ornaments for you tree or gifts for friends. Oh my, the little sweaters are darling! And the string of holiday lights... amazingly detailed! Sugar plums and popcorn chains were not forgotten in this kit either. These remind me of the cute ornaments that Anthropologie always sells during the holiday season. As long as your knitting skills are up to the level of this project, I think its a more affordable option than buying them at Anthropologie. And imagine the color variations you could do once you get the hang of the patterns! C-U-T-E!




I think I might buy the kit and attempt the project. I know how to knit, but I don't know that I'm capable of this. We'll see though. Worst case scenario - I'll pass the project along to my Mom and her sister. They have many years of knitting experience and could probably complete these in no time. Mom and Allie, if you all are reading this, I hope you know whats in your knitting future...

Okay, now no more talk about Christmas until December. I PROMISE!

No comments: